1. The biggest news is that I finished quilting my Starry Log Cabin! And,….I already have the binding stitched to the front, and I have started the hand stitching! Yeehaw! Pics will follow, at the bottom of this post 🙂
2. I have made further progress on my courthouse steps blocks. The stack of strips left to attach has grown much smaller.
3. I was weak, and went to one of my favorite online sources for a fabric fix. I told myself I would “just get some neutrals”. Afterall, my stash is lacking in those, so it wouldn’t be so bad to get some of them. I even started picking some and putting them in my “wishlist”. BUT I STOPPED! I did NOT put them in my cart!
So, mostly this week I guess I have stayed focused on the projects at hand, determined to have finishes and not a continuing, growing pile of UFO’s in and amongst my stash. I think it was a successful week.
Now for the quilt pics. There were three pantos in the running for this quilt, but I feel confident that I chose the correct one. I love the movement Hermione’s Fantasia gives this quilt.
I used Signature cotton thread in Cranapple. I love the way it looks on the blue border. The stitching shows up nicely, but doesn’t jump out at you.
And finally, the backing, that wasn’t really my first choice, but I already had these two fabrics in my stash, in abundance, as I have a bolt of each. I used 3.5 yds of the burgandy, and 7 yds of the tan. And now that it’s all said and done, I like it. Gives it a little touch of whimsy, which suits my personality perfectly.
And I think Hermione is right. This panto would make a very pretty wholecloth! For those of you that have asked, and may have missed my response in my comments, the quilt pattern can be found in an older Leisure Arts book, called Quick Method Liberty Quilts.