Finally got this one quilted, the binding made and attached to the front (all 440″ of it), ready to be hand stitched to the back. I’m posting a ridiculous amount of pictures, but it felt so good to get this off the machine. I’m not thrilled with my feather work, but I’m a bit rusty from lack of practice. It will take some time to get all my mojo back. The circles and stars were all done with my Circle Lord basic unit and Aztec template. I know I have said this before, but I love my Circle Lord stuff! The color is a bit washed out in most of the pics, too. Guess it’s because the way the light was shining in, but the tans and creams are not nearly that pale, and the reds and greens are more vibrant. The swirly filler quilting in the tan spaces was my attempt at mimicking the pattern of the border fabric, which is also used in the blocks. I think you can see it close up in one or two of the photos. Anyhoo….here it is.
Kinda hit a bit of a rough spot again this winter…I think in a lot of ways, I just simply didn’t deal with some things. Letting go of a beloved spouse is, quite simply, one of the hardest things ever. I think I really tried to rush through some of that process. But, I’m better now. I’m back to quilting and getting ready for a kitchen and bathroom remodel (finally!) here at home. I started working out again and have lost not only close to 15 lbs, but I measure 2″ smaller around. Yay! I’m determined to truly be on my way to a happier, healthier me, and not just a happy face slapped on for the world. Guess my whole life has undergone a remodel. Anyway, it won’t be much longer, in fact maybe even today, that this monster will come off the machine and binding can begin!