Since I didn’t get around to a Sunday report yesterday, I’ll throw some of that in here. I don’t have much to report as far as accomplishments, mostly due to the trip. I did finish quilting the vintage top, and I’ll try to get some pics of that up soon. Other than that, nothing really noteworthy quilting wise. I didn’t buy any fabric. I did quilt a customer fleece blanket, and I have a baby quilt coming in this week to quilt.
My weigh-in report is not so good. I knew it wouldn’t be this week, but I didn’t know that my mother was going to make us a batch of cookies to take on our trip. How could I say no? And OMG, they were good. They were addicting good. My friend and I that went together ate the whole bag in two days. I know there were at least 2 dozen, maybe 3. She made a bag for the boys, too. Five boys on the golf team, and they didn’t even eat all of theirs. I’m serious, we could not stop eating them…we started calling them “crack” cookies, ’cause that must be how a crack addict feels…lol. Ok, so remember those 2 lbs I lost last week? Guess what came back to me? Yep…starting weight was 145…my weight yesterday was 147, for a total GAIN of 2 lbs. Crap! Oh well, I’ll be back on track this week. I’m disappointed, but not discouraged! Besides the cookies are all gone now 🙂
I totally enjoyed watching the Daytona 500 yesterday, even though I was having a somewhat bad day otherwise. I was happy to see Ryan Newman win, too. Really happy to see Kyle Busch NOT win 🙂 My apologies to you Busch brother fans. I don’t really care for either of them.
Why was I not having a good day? I have had a relatively easy child to raise, thus far. He’s a good kid, really good kid. I’m not just prejudiced, he is a good kid. And I’ve always been able to reason with him. But we have begun to butt heads a bit, and it’s all over a girl. Lord, give me the wisdom, strength, and heart to handle 16. And give him the wisdom to understand. And please don’t ever let him decide to move out and go live with his real dad and step-mom (which he says he will never do, but I still worry about it).
Now for a bit of fun. I was tagged a few days ago by Southern Girl Musings, to do this little Meme. Here are the rules.
Now, you chosen ones, this is what you have to do:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, now for my 7 things:
1. I love going bass fishing with my husband.
2. I was named after my uncle Randy Matson, who was an Olympic Silver medalist in 1964, and the Gold medalist in the 1968 Olympics, for throwing the shot put.
3. I love NASCAR! Boogity, boogity, boogity…let’s go racin’ boys!
4. I wear a gun to work, a .40 caliber Glock.
5. In the spring, if we have had a lot of rain, and our yard gets a lot of baby toads in it, I will go around the yard and collect them in a bucket, before my son mows, so they won’t get smashed. Then I let them go again, after he is done…every week, til they are gone.
6. I’m not much of a traveler…I’m uncomfortable in unfamiliar situations.
7. I’m not what I call a “foofy” girl…you know…a really girly girl…hair & makeup done perfectly “all” the time, manicures, etc.
Hmmm…who to tag…how about Diane, Kay, Gayle, Jan, Freda, Carla, and Terri. Ok, so play if you like, if not, that’s fine, too! No pressure. If I didn’t tag you, and you want to play anyway, go right ahead!