By the time yesterday was done, I had worked a bit on FIVE different quilts. Well six, if you count the prep work on a customer top I’m fixing to start quilting. But I made a little bit of progress on five of my own WIP’s. Yay!
I made great headway on my Boston Commons. I have one more row like these, then adding white fabric around and between, a pieced border, and then I am going to add an additional plain border all around so I have some more space to quilt feathers in. The original pattern, which is by Darlene Zimmerman, ends with a narrow border of the the squares and white triangles.
While I was sewing Gracie’s Star together, and while I was piecing on the above quilt, I worked on my leaders/enders quilt, Oklahoma Backroads, and I had my embroidery machine running, cranking out some blocks for a red & white Christmas quilt.
And then, when I went to bed, I took my 9P & stripe quilt with me, and worked on knotting and burying some of the thread tails I left on it. I should have done it while I was going along on it…now it feel like I will never get them all done. 😦 I’m glad I decided to go back to a backtack before I finished. And I still have to bind it!
I did get my backing and binding picked out for Gracie’s Star. Now I just have to decide on which quilting pattern I want to use. I think it’s a bit dark & busy to spend a lot of time on custom, but a pretty allover will finish it off nicely.
The first part of this year I just kept starting new projects. Maybe this last part will be about finishing! I would like to finish these projects I have started with my stash fabrics!