Wow, I went a whole week between posts. But it was a busy week with my day job, so there wasn’t much to say. Not that I could post about, anyway.
I do have changes to report in my stash this week. I busted 10 yards for backing, and it is just barely going to be big enough for my top. I knew it would be close, but I really want to use this fabric for the back of this quilt. It’s flannel, so I think there may have been a bit more shrinkage than I might have had with a regular cotton.
As you can see, it’s a real tight squeeze on the sides. I have plenty extra the other direction, though. I will make it work!
I also ordered 8 yards for a one block wonder class I’m taking next month, for quilt guild. I tried my best to find something suitable in my stash, but the only two that I thought would work, I did not have enough yardage. So I had to order some. It will arrive some time this week, but I’m going to go ahead and count it as incoming today.
So here’s my yearly totals.
- Incoming Yardage to date: 8 yds.
- Outgoing Yardage to date: 30.5 yds.
- Total Stash Busted to date: 22.5 yds.