This week my fabric busted is gifted fabric. 3 yards for a birthday gift to a guild member, the one who gave me that awesome reindeer ornament, and another 3/4 yds. to another recipient, and another 1.5 yds to another recipient. But the last two don’t know it yet, so I won’t say who. I did start that little applique block of the month, but I haven’t figured out how to count that yet. I had to use bits of two fat quarters, but the rest I am using scraps. I have a feeling I will be using the rest of those two fat quarters in the project, but will know more when we get the next block. If I use more of them, then I will count them as busted, in a later report. At least they are off the shelf.
So my report for this week is:
- 0 yds. in this week
- 5.25 yds out this week
- 0 yds. in ytd
- 17.5 yds. out ytd
- total busted ytd is 17.5 yds
I have made some more progress on the stash projects I started right after Christmas. I cut up some more of the fat quarters for my Gracie’s Star, and they are all ready to sew into blocks.
I have these left to cut up.
I cut my Kona white into these.
Started sewing them onto these.
I had to go ahead and sew one corner together, just to make sure it was going to work.
I’m really enjoying my time spent working with these fabrics. I love them! I hope to enter this quilt in some shows. At least some smaller, local area shows. And I may even get brave and send it somewhere like MQS next year, to get some judge’s comments. We’ll see.