- Incoming Yardage to date: 0 yds.
- Outgoing Yardage to date: 9 yds.
- Total Stash Busted to date: 9 yds.
And we’re off! A whole new year of busting that stash has begun. I’ve been working away on some new projects, and preparing to do some more work on some older WIPS.
Stash busted that I am counting for this week is as follows:
5.25 yards finishing up the commissioned memorial t-shirt top, preparing the backing, and the binding.
3.75 yard in 30’s repros. for the Boston Commons quilt.
I also got 4 more stars made for Gracie’s Star today. I am not going to add this to my totals til the stars are all made. This is a queen size top, but when I had the stars laid out on the bed today, I realized that I could easily make it big enough for my kingsize bed by adding a border. So, I may do just that. This one is going to use up some stash!
I got quite a lot of pressing done this weekend, too. In addition to pressing the fabric for the t-shirt top, and the fabric for my star blocks as I go along, I pressed 10 yards of backing for one of my 9P & stripes, I pressed 5 yards of Kona white for my Boston Commons, and I pressed the border fabric for the other 9P & stripe quilt.
The white is a fabric I will likely restock in my stash after I use it. It’s a good staple to have on hand, because when you need it, you need it now…and it’s not like I can just run out to a fabric shop and pick some more up. I try to keep some of both white and black.
I ended up with 15 finishes for 2008.
- Jill’s fleece blanket (customer job)
- Julie’s fleece blanket (customer job)
- Wild Onion Jacket for Mom
- Megan’s fleece blanket (wedding gift)
- Harold fleece blanket (thank you gift)
- Commissioned Full-size log cabin for Parkers
- Carrie’s Pillow Shams
- Ribbon Taffy
- Greg’s Courthouse Steps quilt
- Teresa & Rick’s fleece blanket (wedding gift)
- Betty’s fleece blanket for Doug (customer job)
- Commissioned memorial quilt #1 for the Martinez family
- Pillow cases for my aunt
- Betty’s bleece blanket for Howard (customer job)
- Daddy’s Log Cabin
And my final stash reporting for 2008 was:
- Incoming Yardage to date: 200 yds.
- Outgoing Yardage to date: 120 yds.
- Total Stash Busted to date: <80> yds.
I’m already having fun quilting away in 2009. I guess that’s it for this week. Can’t think of anything else! Tomorrow will start my first full week back at work since the holidays and my vacation started. It’s going to be hard to get back in the groove. Have a good one!
7 thoughts on “The First Stash Report of 2009”
You’re off to a good start! Can’t wait to see the finished quilt with the 30’s prints. They’re one of my favorites.
Great stash report for the first week! Hope your work week goes fast!
I still LOVE those 30’s repro prints…adorable. It makes me antsy to get started on whatever I”m going to do with the 30’s I’ve been collecting.
Great end of year report! Great beginning of year report! I’m jealous of both!!! I’ve been collecting thirties but have no idea what I’m going to do with them….
boston commons and Kona white—now those are gonna look great together!
Sounds like you had a good year! Can’t wait to see what you do this year!
Love those Aunt Grace fabrics, Randi – can’t wait to see what you are going to do with them!